It’s been too long.
August has come and gone.
- I bought a gym pass today… I’m not making any promises. There’s a 10k run in a month in town here but I’m not really aiming for anything. I just really want to counteract my 12 hours of sitting per day.
- I’m starting to work 6 days a week. I don’t know whether I’m coming or going. On the commute to work this morning I actually woke up and had to think whether I was heading to work or leaving work… oy
- But! My contract is up at the end of November so I’m going to have to get my butt in gear and start looking for something else.
- I’m also looking for a vehicle… I really, really, really dislike car shopping. I don’t know the first thing about cars. I don’t know whether to buy used or new. I only know how to drive. Maybe this is a good adult experience for me. I’ve owned 2 cars before but I bought my first car because it was a ’98 VW beetle. That was my only reason and to my 18 year old self that was valid. My second car was actually great, and I’d love to have it still. It was an ’04 Mazda 3 and it was standard. That’s right, this girl drove stick shift. But I actually test drove a Mazda 3 that was standard about a month ago and, I kid you not, an hour after the drive I could feel my left knee was buggin. It was not cool. So, as sad as I am to have that option go, at least I know I’ll be looking for an automatic. But I have no idea where to start… oy
- I went for a roadtrip with my boo and we had a lot of fun. We did some shopping, went out for great food, watched a movie and went go-karting!!! I loved it. We also sang roadtrip tunes like crazy on the drive back haha! I loved it.
- I attempted to straighten my hair but didn’t want to put the heat too high and my hair just ended up being larger than life.
- I played some golf and sucked royally. But it was still good.
- Went to the lake one weekend day when it was pouring rain, sat under the covered area, fired up the woodstove and played board games with friends. It was amazing.
- Went for a couple of runs with my boo. He’s so much faster than me.. grr…
I cannot wait for autumn. It’s my favourite season. Gorgeous colours on the mountains, crunchy leaves, cooler temperatures, beanies, scarves, sweaters, hugs, fires, hot drinks, leggings, boots, PUMPKIN BEER! Aaah, bring it!