You know those moments when you sigh and think yep… natural hair life. I’m gonna share a couple of mine with you. Let me know which ones you identify with!
- Taking down twists, thinking I got all of them and a day later finding one or two
- Too impatient to find a scissors to snip a single strand knot so I snap it off with my fingers
- My friend texting me to hang out on wash day. ‘Friends’ will wonder what you’re doing for so long. ‘Besties’ will know what’s up and schedule for later in the day
- Styling my hair for helmet compatibility
- Being excited I can pull my hair up into a bun or ponytail
- Arms getting tired halfway through putting in mini-twists, or flat twists, or braids, or blow drying or…
- Having an amazing twist-out and taking 30 selfies so I have proof it happened
- Trying to replicate that amazingly soft, bouncy, defined twist-out that my selfies swear happened
- The fact that my hair has a birthday
- Planning out days and styles a week in advance
- Realizing my style is good to go for a couple more days past wash day is like doing a victory lap
- Wearing a plastic shopping bag on my head like it’s nothing
- Being excited to come across a blog with someone who is your hair twin and has great information
- Trying a new hairstyle from someone’s tutorial and adding my own twist to it
- Loving my hair in all of its crazy glory 🙂
Here’s a gallery of pics from my phone. All sorts of up, down, in, out, crazy, fun, twisted, twist out goodness.
Alright, what are some of your natural hair moments? And which ones of mine did you immediately agree with?